IBT Media, the parent company of Latin Times, is looking for an entry-level reporter to cover a range of topics that can include entertainment, sports, technology, politics and national news. The successful candidate is a versatile, skilled writer who can digest news quickly and write compelling content on a deadline.
We are looking for news junkies, who are self-starters and enthusiastic about quality journalism.
- Creating impactful and smart content
- Fluid and concise writing on multiple topics
- Pitching stories
- Meeting tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s in Communication, Journalism or equivalent experience and education
- Strong news judgment and ability to work in a team environment
- Can balance a flexible schedule
- Strong understanding of AP Style and grammar
- Social media skills are a plus
- Minimum of 0 to 3 years of professional experience. All applicants will be required to take a writing test
- A resume
- A cover letter outlining your experience and approach to journalism
- Links to three online samples of your work
About Latin Times
Latin Times aims to be a light for the Latino Community in the United States and beyond. The light that highlights the rich culture, stories and accomplishments of everyday Latino’s, business leaders and politicians, and exposes the corruption and disparities within and against the Latino experience.
A unifying voice for Latino’s, Latin Times strives to build a family-friendly publication serving the next generation of Latino’s, in every medium and every platform.