Social Media Manager
Role Overview: Social Media Relationships Mgr-IC3
Copywriter, Social Media
We are looking for a copywriter to join our growing social media team. The ideal candidate is experienced in supporting social media campaigns through copywriting for a variety of business audiences. This role will steward our brand social tone of voice in creating punchy, engaging, and sometimes edgy messaging for an array of content streams, from bespoke social campaigns to cultural moments and employee advocacy.
The right candidate lives for crafting the perfect social hook, striking the perfect balance between informational and entertainment, and tweaking copy suggested so that it *hits just right*. They will be able to thoughtfully pair our brand tenets and audience needs with social media best practices and tone of voice, and share constructive feedback with other content creators on how they can better align do the same.
This position will also lead copyediting for our employee advocacy tool, helping to optimize social content, ensure it reflects our standards for corporate professionalism, and provide constructive feedback to social publishers, sharing your copyedits and optimizations.
This position will report into a social media manager but will support copy needs across the social team, as well as agency partners as needed. Success will largely be measured by the social interactions resulting from your copy, as well as the increase in engagements resulting from the optimization of others’ copy.
· Partner closely with the social media team in creating copy and suggesting copyedits for content produced by team members, partners, and agencies.
· Help steward the brand tone of voice through thoughtful refinements of corporate copy; is eager to infuse personality in all content.
· Strategically evaluate and provide constructive feedback on content and creative to ensure it aligns with our brand positioning, target audiences and social best practices.
· Lead copyediting for our employee advocacy tool with day-to-day copyediting and content optimization.
· Partner with governance/reporting lead to identify performance trends and insights from published content and provide and implement recommendations and optimizations for future content.
· Execution focus: Detail-oriented; consistently meets objectives and deadlines
· Strategic thinking: Possesses strong understanding of social, including current trends and what’s coming next, and has an informed POV on its role in marketing; understands platform features and audience nuances that help drive bespoke content strategies
· Effective communication: Responds openly and listens attentively to others’ insights, advice, and instructions; strong and engaging written and verbal communication skills.
· Nimble learning: Learns quickly, enjoys experimenting, learns from mistakes and adjusts.
· Collaboration: Welcomes input from others & responds openly to advice & instruction; finds ways to contribute to the group’s efforts and priorities.
· Content creation: Crafts unique and engaging copy that ties back to our brand voice and overarching social strategy.
· Self-development: Asks for help when needed; pursues ways to develop new skills.
Skills & Experience
· Proficient in social media & relevant KPIs/data.
· Experience in B2B and/or B2C content creation is appreciated; agility in hypergrowth environments necessary.
· Minimum of 3 years copywriting experience in social media or related marketing function with a proven track record of success; or advanced degree with Marketing emphasis and equivalent experience.
· Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field.
· Ability to think quickly, pivot when necessary, and execute.
· Resourceful, energetic, solutions-oriented, excellent communication skills, collaborative, always trying to find ways to improve with an empathetic approach to teamwork.
· This is a fully remote position and open to candidates across the US
· EST Time Zone
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalents experience in a marketing organization